My works start at the place where fuzzy edges and breaks occur in empirical social rersearch experiments — for example, when there are unwanted emotional reactions in interview situations.
I seek these disruptions, conflicts and irritations in the interviews I have recorded for this purpose and transfer them into new contexts, often as miniature plays.
In delegated performances, I let others, often actresses and actors, "incorporate" speak or sing these miniatures specifically to new contexts.
My explorations draw on the tradition of the Documentary theatre in Germany (1920`s and 1960`s). They focus on speech acts as the constitution of reality and address the relationship between authenticity and public orchestration in political and cultural locations.
Performances & (Interactive) Installations
- Écriture idiotique, ongoing
- Entering Vertigo, 2015
- Blindlings Lachen, 2015
- Occupy Karaoke, 2013
- It Would Get A Terrific Laugh, 2014
- Hangout, 2014
- Studio Visit for One, 2014
- On Hawthorne Effects, 2011
- Bon Noir Alien, 2011
- Unidentifying Bruce, 2011
- Take a Dream on a Sunday, 2012
- The Joy of Belonging, 2010
- FYEO/NSFW, 2011
- Petit Père, 2009
- The Beauty Secret, 2008
- Marode Räume, 2002
- Curatorial Projects & Experimental Formats >
- Books, Articles, Essays >
- Performances & (Interactive) Installations >
- with faith
- in dialogue.
- // tmg